Saturday, October 6, 2012

Climb on!!!

So...

If you know me (wow, I say that a lot! XD), you'll know that I am an avid rock climber. Just look at my profile page—under interests, it says, 'rock climbing'!!

Anyway, I had a competition today at Vertical Endeavors Warrenville...and failed miserably. In my division, I got last place.

Smooth.

But that's not the point! Once, I had a volleyball coach say that if it didn't hurt after, you didn't do it right. I'm hurting ALL OVER, so, for now, let's just assume I did it right. All the 150 people competing were pretty nice, especially the ones that beta climbed/spotted/signed off/supported me. *round of applause for them*

I learned that it doesn't matter how many routes you complete (2), but how many you attempt (12), and how hard you try (again, hurting all over). When I would fail an attempt on a bouldering problem, people would look at me like I was a bug crawling on the wall of their house. Yes, I failed! At least I'm not in denial, like some people!

The bottom line: Don't go climbing if you don't want to get hurt.

Did I just type that? Haha...maybe I did...

THE REAL BOTTOM LINE: It's the effort that counts.


There we go.

Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting a comment!

Our Song of the Month