Thursday, December 27, 2012

Holidays and Rant Days

'Twas the night before Christmas,
And all through the house,
A bored and book-starved Cam
Rumbled about.

"I have no good reads!" she shouted in anguish,
grabbing her jacket and boots in a spree,
Heading to Anderson's,
And adoring their tree.

Cam found a shelf
And rooted herself there,
As a trio of people
Walked in and browsed their ware.

She hunched over novels,
Iron King, City of Bones,
When along came a hand,
Grabbing a book next to hers and saying, in a not-so-cheery-tone,

"I knew the author, we were classmates,"

Cam slowly glanced over,
At the book in a trio-members' hand,
Seeing a familiar flame,
Surrounded by a band.

The book was ornate,
As every book should be,
But there was something special about this book...

How Divergent could it be?




------

So, long story short, I went to Anderson's and was shopping for new blogging books, when in walked a group of people. They walked over to where I was, and I thought they were going to be all like, "EHRMAHGERD! IT'S CAM! SHE AND HER BEST FRIEND RUN A BLOG!" *faints*

No. They were more like,

*completely ignores the girl--me--next to them, and reaches for a copy of Divergent* "I knew the author. We went to high school together."


That made me almost melt on the inside! As weird as it was...then, I hardened up, when one of them asked, "Is it any good?"


>:|

"It's like Hunger Games. I think. Well, they're making it into a movie."
^^First lady's reply (Not like the POTUS' first lady, but...you know what I mean.)

I really wanted to yell:

"IT'S SO INCREDIBLY AWESOME! I DISCOVERED THAT BOOK HERE! WITHIN THE MONTH IT CAME OUT! AND CHOSE IT OVER LEGEND, SINCE I HAD A LIMITED AMOUNT OF FUNDS!"

I don't know why I chose it over Legend. Something compelled me to read it before anyone else...so I did. Now, everyone's buzzing about Divergent, and I'm all like, "Psssht. I read Divergent, like, last year."

I can't say that, however, without sounding like a crazed Directioner: "I WATCHED THEM ON X-FACTOR! I NOW KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM! I WAS THERE FROM THE BEGINNING!"

(^If they ever read this: I bet you are great guys. But I'm not into all of the hype--technically, I should be the one starting it.)



Happy Holidays, from our virtual home to your--hopefully--real one,

Cam
(and Perri, I guess. •<:D)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting a comment!

Our Song of the Month